Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Blog



My blog is one year old today!

I cannot believe I have been officially blogging for 12 whole months. A year ago today was the official launch date and my first official post was of the Peckett Family, though I added a few other recent shoots back dated before theirs like the one I did for Heather Nova, plus some wedding ones, just so it didn't look quite so empty for a first time visitor. Since then, I have added repeat clients' previous shoots so they could compare the before and after images, and even see how much I improved as a photographer.

I have to admit, I never thought I would be able to keep it up regularly, but if anything, I am getting better at the process. I have realised that it is ok to not only post client sneak peeks, but also blog about my family, my beliefs and photography in general. It is so much more than a place to post favourite photos - it is a place to share my dreams, as well as stories of my family and any dramas that may unfold. All of it is me and I love this blog as a forum to express all the different elements of my professional and personal life.

Going forward, I very much hope to improve the layout by making the images larger and perhaps do a complete redesign. If anyone has any tips on how to go about doing that, I would love to hear, for I see other photography blogs with large photos and lots of categories but I just don't even know where to start.

I also want to start profiling some people whom I admire, especially healers, creative types, greenies, and those who are taking a less trodden path through life, so stay tuned for those posts to learn a bit about some amazing people and the things that they do to make this world a better place.

Here is Indigo celebrating in her happy-birfday-blog party hat!



Happy first birthday blog - thanks for being so good to me. And more importantly, to my loyal readers, thank you thank you for stopping by, and for your comments - I adore them and remind me I am not posting into space. So keep coming back and I promise to keep sharing... whatever there is to share that day. xxx

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I enjoy reading it, so keep it going.
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday blog! for large pictures, when you upload a picture a little tab pops up with size & placement options. You can select small, medium, large or extra large. i hope this helps!
    look forward to some of your more personal earthy blogs :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you left me a note!