Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Angles and Angels

Focusing on angles is the theme this week at i heart faces and I LOVE angles.

Looking through my lens from above, below, through something funky, tipped sideways, you name it, I adore it. I had picked out a bunch from this year to choose from and had finally agonised over which one to submit when I suddenly I remembered this image I took last year of the lovely and talented Heather Nova, for promoting her album, The Jasmine Flower. I just think she looks like an angel here - very Ophelia-esque.


Please do go over to the i heart faces blog and check out some of the other entries this week - there are tons and lots of fun ideas for your own shooting too. And people really love to receive comments so if you are moved by any of the images, do let the photographer know - always nice to know your work is appreciated.

11 comments:

  1. oh, this is a beautiful! i've seen some of your other photos somewhere...you're amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just beyond beautiful. I need to learn to think more about the poses and be a bit more creative prior to the shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's beautiful! I love the lighting and the little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So powerful, so much feeling and emotion. Awe-insiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous photo, everything about it is just lovely. The colors, the styling, the clarity, the subject. The angles are great also- your angle, the angle of the arms & the body make a cross shape on a tilt. And yes, very Ophelia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous image! I love everythign about it, the angle the colors...wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous -- what a cool picture! Glad you were a pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on making the favorites list again! Everything about this photo is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you left me a note!