Saturday, September 25, 2010

Daniel & Andrea - Engagement Session - Twinkle Star Tree


Daniel and Andrea had two parts to their engagement session, since they couldn't decide between capturing their love in a dramatic location during the day and a romantic evening setting with twinkling lights all around them. You may remember their Southlands session which was full of props and details which made it so personal and such fun. We originally planned to do the candlelit session immediately after the Southlands shoot, but the weather had other ideas and it was often too windy or rainy. We finally did the rubber tree shoot on a grey Sunday morning, so planned to do the second part under my beloved twinkle tree instead of on the beach. Since Hurricane Igor felled several trees in our garden and destroyed this stunning setting, it makes these images all the more meaningful. I am so happy I was able to capture the love between Andrea and Daniel here. These two were once again, full of romance and sweetness. In fact, more so this time I think, given the twilight, flickering candles, twinkling fairy lights and whistling frogs. Just a magical setting for a lovely couple.


Like the first shoot, the two brought a suitcase full of things. They spent ages lighting all the candles and making the table the perfect little spot to nuzzle under the stars. Luckily the night was still and not a puff of wind came to ruin the dreamy setting.









Andrea brought this beautiful glass heart, which when I asked them to hold with a candle behind hit, just makes such a stunning image. Love love love hearts, in case I haven't mentioned that before!













I picked one of my roses which smelled even better at night than they do in the day. Perfect little tea rose.









Andrea and Daniel - I hope these images mean as much to you as they do to me. Thank you so much for agreeing to come to my home for the shoot - aside from being utterly beautiful, now that my little spot is no more, I am eternally grateful to have these photos to remember my twinkle tree. Happy marriage - congratulations! xxx

2 comments:

  1. These are some of the most beautiful photo's I've seen. Thank you for sharing and inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful set of photographs, up to your usual incredible standard!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you left me a note!