Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Self Portrait


I know it is so important as a photographer to do self portraits. I have to say, not only do I rarely do any of myself, but I also rarely let anyone else get me on the other side of a camera long enough to take a photo. Not sure why. I always tell my clients how important it is to capture real life and not put it off until tomorrow as sadly, I have a few too many stories of those who did not get a tomorrow. And even if they don't like the photos of themselves when they first get them back, I tell them to put the images away for five years and promise them they will love how they look when they take them out again a few years down the road. So why do I never give myself that lecture or listen to my own advice? So as a baby step in the self portrait direction, I tried to take a few of myself in the Christmas balls this year. I have seen this done so well so often, and no idea how people do it or what lenses they use, but these are fun, even if they are not works of art of technical masterpieces. And of course I don't like them now, but I am sure I will love them to pieces in five years time.




1 comment:

  1. lol i love it and understand it so well i have many thousands of Photos and images of my loves ones and dogs but few of myself... Happy New Year Sacha to you and your family

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you left me a note!