Monday, April 8, 2013

Welcome Baby Lily


Sweet Lily Clare was born at 10:11am and stayed in room 1011 at KEMH! She was born with a full head of hair and named and has made her lovely mama, Sara, and smitten daddy, Dom, blissfully happy. She is named after her grandmother, Lily, and her middle name is the feminine version of her grandfather's name, Clarence.


We struggled to find a suitable basket or bowl around the house and had a few fun options which ended up being a little too dusty for such a wee thing. I was just about to give up and shoot her on her own in this blanket, which happens to have been Sara's baby blanket, knitted for her by her mum's first cousin, Mary, when suddenly, I noticed right before my eyes was the perfect receptacle. I pulled out this divine drawer from the bed side tables and it turned out that this set was inherited by Sara from her grandmother, Lily, who had commissioned it over fifty years ago. I would love to find out more about it as it looks so similar to the beds and bedside table I have for my kids that were made at about the same time and I bought from an auction where the gentleman who had made them had lived until his death about seven years ago. Love love love history!

 





I adore this little hammy smile she has - newborns don't usually smile much and I know there is much debate about whether or not they even are smiles or if they are just wind, but for Lily, she was definitely having giggles half the time - there was no question. She was just full of little smiles and it was utterly darling.



Lily was so sweet as we tried to get her to fall back to sleep in the drawer. It was one of the coldest days of the year so Sara and Dom had the heater on close to the bed in the guest room and they tried to slowly ease away their warmth from little Lily so we could get some images of her on her own.








 


Sara found the silk flowers before the baby was born, knowing that she would be named Lily. Almost an Easter Lily is little Lily!



This owl belonged to Sara when she was a child and I love how enormous he is in comparison to sweet baby Lily. It will be such a fun size gauge to reflect back on these images to see how wee she was. I especially love the protective wing around the baby's back - just darling.




Dom had given Sara this gorgeous bracelet and we just thought it looked so elegant and feminine worn as a crown on sleeping Lily.



Sara brought out a few more sentimental toys to include in the images which I always love.


Sara and Dom - Thank you so much for welcoming me into your home to capture this magical time with your beautiful new daughter - she is utterly perfect - right down to her delicious webbed toes. Congratulations and I can't wait to see how this well loved angel will grow and change. Love to you all. xxxx

1 comment:

I'd love it if you left me a note!