Monday, April 19, 2010

Diptych

Isn't that just the best word? I think I love it even more than the word triptych. And not only do I love the sounds of these words, but I also adore what diptychs and triptychs are. As a photographer, these clever combinations are the best tools for story telling with two or three images.

I heart faces is having a collages category this week and I have to say, I adore the thought process behind putting certain images together. One of my faves is a close up detail of something personal in a child's hand, and then the panned out image of the child and the pleasure exuding from the little one's face when holding the fruit or flower or toy. Just so sweet and such a fun way to tell her story.

In my last post, I did one of my fave triptychs of Tamsyn and her beautiful belly, but when I thought about which collage would be the most unusual for this week's challenge, I remembered these images of my lovley assistant, Lana, and decided a little creative rearranging would make a really cool collage.


How bizarre does this look? I keep double taking and it is such a fun idea for a diptych that I think I will start shooting like this more and more just so that I can create these sorts of collages.

Head over to i heart faces to get some great ideas from others with all their collage entries and while you are there, enter one of your own.

10 comments:

  1. wow. here eyes are truly stunning- so is the collage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...your GOOD! This is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this needs to win. Seriously, I love it!!! :-) Coolest collage ever, hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGracious!! i love this entry!! VERY cool! good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is amazing! Great symmetry! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative. I love how outside the box this is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! It's so unique and creative! I love the color tones and the black frame around each "half."

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you left me a note!