Friday, July 31, 2009

Refresh, Renew, Revive

So we are moving. Just house, not country, and only 5 minutes down the road, but still, life feels like the rug is being pulled out from under me - literally. I cannot sleep from worry about all there is to do. I usually feel this anyway during wedding season, without an unexpected move. I definitely would not have scheduled quite so much had I known in advance, but we were busting at the seams in our dreamy cottage by the sea, when another slightly bigger cottage by the sea came up. But as things stand, there are memories to be captured, those photos to process, houses to empty and refill, and a hubby and two kids to love a whole lot in between. So my point is, if my blogging is lagging, and your pics are not ready yet, you know why! So sorry, but the good news that the tangible memories are there just waiting to be worked on, and my new home studio will be ultra fabulous, as will the sunsets at the new pad. I will miss all these mature gardens here though - the new house is right on the south shore and very exposed so not quite so much grows - will have to see if my grey thumb can grow green. Will take pics once we are all settled, but for now, this is our life:





All the toys are packed away but luckily the kids seem to find plenty to play with all the same!







I love moving and despise it all at once. It is so exhausting and going through everything is so unbelievably tedious, but at the same time, it is so cleansing. Getting rid of the old, and cleaning off what we want to keep is like therapy and I am big on how healthy it is for the Feng Shui. The new house is a blank canvas and as a naturally messy person, this is another chance to try to be more organised and tidy - with all the space, hopefully everything will have its place instead of spilling over as it does now. But please, if ever we decide to move again, remind me not to do it in the heat of summer and wedding season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love it if you left me a note!