Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Marilyn and Carlos Maternity session



Marilyn and Carlos' maternity session was the very first shoot I did at my new house! We had booked for the week before but boxes were still everywhere and not enough set up so I was lucky they were flexible and came the following weekend. Shoobs is what the expecting couple nicknamed the belly dweller through out the pregnancy and they were pretty sure the name would stick so they thought it would be fun to incorporate this into their session. I adore the way it looks in the wooden blocks and with the soon to be parents in the background snuggling just makes my heart melt.

















Isn't this the most beautiful belly button you have ever seen? I adore the way the her linea nigra (had to look that up!) curves around her piercing - I have never seen that before but think it looks like a piece of art - just gorgeous. I have in the past tried to photoshop out that line, but I now think it is just so special and so leave it, especially in this case! And I adore how her naval frames the sweet flower jewel that dangles so perfectly on top.





Baby Marcus was a healthy 8lbs, 15 ozs at birth and 21 inches of pure love - congratulations to you both. Happy to hear the family is thriving.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome work! Beautiful subjects, as well :) Congrats again to Carlos, Marilyn, and SHOOBS!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you left me a note!