Monday, June 8, 2009

Taylor Family Maternity Session



Malika had heard about my maternity photography from Sophia Cannonier during prenatal yoga class at the Bermuda Health Co-Op. After we booked our session, I saw Mailika, Ryan and sweet Sienna at a homeopathy presentation. The next day, Malika apologised for her very active daughter but there was nothing further from the truth, for Sienna was a little angel quietly playing throughout the talk. And she was a joy to shoot as her parents involved the two year old in the excitement of her soon-to-be baby brother, RJ.





On the day of the shoot, it was pouring with rain and as much as we need water in our tanks, I longed for a bit more light to capture any emotional moments that would transpire between Sienna, her parents and the bump. Without enough light, it can be tricky to keep everyone in focus using natural light, but luckily the low light actually worked well for the mood. I adore the photo below with the movement of Sienna's waving hands captured, and the fall off on that beautiful belly behind.

























No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love it if you left me a note!